What is NutreStore® ?
NutreStore® is an FDA-approved prescription drug.
How does NutreStore® work?
NutreStore® is the amino acid L-glutamine. L-glutamine has important functions in regulating gastrointestinal cell growth, function and regeneration.
Is NutreStore® covered by insurance?
NutreStore® is now covered by most private insurance plans and Medicaid, Medicare, and VA insurance programs. Please contact your insurance provider for more specific details concerning coverage.
We can help your doctor and pharmacist with prior authorization or the appeal process to obtain coverage if NutreStore®is not on your provider’s approved drug formulary (list).
For more information and assistance please call 1-877-420-6493.
Is NutreStore® available over the counter?
NutreStore® is available by prescription only. You can only get it with a prescription from your doctor.
Is NutreStore® a dietary supplement?
• Dietary supplements are not a substitute for NutreStore® because they are not necessarily bioequivalent. (1)
• Only NutreStore® is available as a prescription glutamine product. (2) It is manufactured according to FDA-monitored standards, which ensures its purity, stability, glutamine concentration, batch-to-batch consistency and reliability.
• Dietary supplements are not FDA-approved for the treatment of any specific disease or medical condition. (1)
• NutreStore® is the only prescription glutamine approved by the FDA for the treatment of short bowel syndrome. (3,4)
Can I take NutreStore® with food?
NutreStore® should be taken up to 6 times a day with meals or snacks at 2 to 3 hour intervals. Each dose of NutreStore® should be prepared by pouring the contents of 1 packet into an 8-oz glass of water and stirring for approximately 1 minute.
Can I mix NutreStore® with food?
Each dose of NutreStore® should be prepared by pouring the contents of 1 packet into an 8-oz glass of water and stirring for approximately 1 minute. After stirring, you should drink the NutreStore® within 2 hours.
Where can I find out more information about NutreStore®?
To find out more information about NutreStore® refer to the Patient Leaflet and the Full Prescribing Information sheet. You can also call 1-877-420-6493.
1. Food and Drug Administration. Overview of dietary supplements. Updated January 4, 2004. Available at: http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/ds-oview.html. Accessed April 9, 2009.
2. Food and Drug Administration. Electronic Orange Book: Approved Drug Products With Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/cder/ob/default.htm. Accessed April 9, 2009.
3. NutreStore® Prescribing information. Torrance, CA: Emmaus Medical, Inc; 2007.
4. United States Patent and Trademark Office. United States Patent 5,288,703. Available at: http://www.uspto.gov.